Beanie enjoys running around in my pet room in the evenings, and she also tries to squeeze under the door. She can’t fit, and she’s resorted to chewing the bottom of the door. I didn’t want her destroying the door, so I invented the Beanie Barricade.
For this project you’ll need:
- Box/craft knife, or scissors
- A hot glue gun
- A writing utensil
- You’re going to start by measuring the gap at the bottom of your door.
- Cut two pieces of cardboard that length, and about 7-10 inches wide.
- Stick one of the pieces under the door; the cardboard won’t go all the way through due to the door jam.
- Get your writing utensil, and mark how far the cardboard goes in.
- Glue the second cardboard piece at the marked point.
- Let it cool completely before use.
The Beanie Barricade now prevents Beanie from chewing the bottom of the door, and it’s portable, lightweight, and simple to make.
I hope this DIY is helpful to everyone who struggles with the door-chewing issue. I’m sorry I couldn’t get very many images to comply with the steps, so good luck with the DIY, have a ham-tastic day!
One thought on “DIY Beanie Barricade”